Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 25 May 2013

Speaking Gibberish

We've all heard of speaking gibberish. But in actual fact it's a term that refers to the way the people of Gibraltar speak. It's a combination of English (it's a British territory) and Spanish (it's a tiny piece of land on the Spanish Iberian peninsula).

As it turns out, I speak a lot of Gibberish. To me in was like listening to Hindi, most of the speech was the foreign tongue, with English phrases thrown in.

Gibraltar is also known as the rock, as its predominant feature is a big rock that everyone wanted, and the British got, due to its strategically good positioning. From Gilbralter it's just 14 miles to Africa, and all sea traffic going to and from the Mediterranean can be monitored.

I stayed in La Linea, it's cheaper and meant that I didn't have to pass customs with my luggage.
Gibraltar isn't big and only took 3.5 hours to look at, as I did a taxi tour which was cheaper and easier than doing all that I did via the cable car option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!