Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Norway: expensive!

I took a flight from Malaga (Spain) to Stavanger (Norway) to visit a heavily pregnant friend. I will, of course, take the opportunity to see some of the country too.

The first thing that struck me about Norway was the colour of everything. The light seems to have a different clarity to it and it's really lovely. It makes it seem as though the edges of everything are all the more crisp.

It's cold here, of course, but when the sun shines during the day it can be quite nice. I'm pleased I haven't yet throw away all my worn out layers.

The other thing that people will tell you is that it's quite expensive here. They're not kidding! A coffee in a cafe is about $6. A smoothie and a sandwich $30. And this was just a cafe in a shopping centre.

My highlight so far was taking a hike to Pulpit Rock. 2 hours of rugged hiking up, another 2 back down, and a bus and ferry journey each way. Here's a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!