Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 5 May 2013

Camino: Day 5; bused it!

Just so that you know, taking a bus for a section, especially in this part, isn't cheating. You can get a credential (like a certificate of completion) by walking the last 100kms.

Today, with my bad knee, the kind man who runs last nights' albergue (hostel) drove me to the next town so that I could catch a bus to this town, Monesterio. Then I went to the doctor; although I already knew what the prescription would be, everybody said I should get it looked at.

The doctor prescribed Ibuprofen, ice and rest. That's what google had said too. I'm not happy about the ice, it's already too cold here (even if everybody else seems to disagree).

It snowed in this town just 5 days ago! And for me 21 degrees Celsius is sweater worthy.

Monesterio is famous for ham (from those Iberian pigs) and has a ham museum. It's an excellent and very interesting museum and the ham's wonderful too.

I will stay here all day tomorrow and rest. In the evening there will be a festival with Flamenco in town, so I'm excited to be able to go for a look at that. I love dancing and festivals so this is a bit of luck.

Stopping here is also meaning losing my Spanish hiking companions. I've appreciated their company but I hope to find some slow walkers for the next stages and stopping is giving me this opportunity. (As most of the stages are 20-30kms and most people will only do one a day one tends to meet the same people day after day).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!