Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 6 May 2013

Menu fun

I'm in a bar in Zafra, Extremadura. Fried piglet seems like a particularly cruel thing to have on a menu. But lucky they have this English translation because when I use my dictionary to translate the Spanish, "Guarrito Frito", I get 'Fried little Slut'!. (Which actually sounds worse from a hygiene point of view).

I didn't order it! I don't eat veal, and I couldn't eat piglet.

When I was a kid granddad captured a wild piglet. It was tiny, cute, and we kept it and called it 'Pork Chop'. Eventually, when it was big, I don't know if it escaped (ie a parents' lie to not have crying kids) or if it became many pork chops.

On the farm I witnessed many animal kills for our table: cattle, sheep, goats, chickens and pigs. I'm actually okay with it, but I think it's better to farm animals 'free range', and not eat meat excessively.

I fully appreciate vegetarians, but I tried it and I'm a nicer and more stable person when I eat a little red meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!