Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 12 May 2013

Camino: Day 11; perfect!

Today was exactly how I thought the camino should be! I'm simply happy. Maybe the blessing of the priest last night worked? (It was a lovely blessing, even without being religious I felt privileged to receive it).

I wasn't woken too early. I had a leisurely breakfast, with other pilgrims, in a bar near last nights' accommodation.
I walked most of the 15kms alone. I passed others, I was passed by others, and I was accompanied for awhile while hiking and again whilst sitting in a village rest point.
I found coffee between 10 and 11 in a roadside bar (it was bad coffee, but anyway).
The scenery was beautiful and interesting. (More wildflowers, cattle farms, oak and olive plantations, sheep, roman bridges and roman road markers. Today we actually followed the actual old roman path and also a stock route.).
The sun shone and the temperature was perfect.
I walked at a reasonable pace, my knee is a lot better than it was, and I'm doing manageable distances.
I arrived by lunchtime at the albergue and had a wonderful menu del dia in the village.
I chatted with other pilgrims and a German woman wanted to cook so 4 of us had a communal dinner.
It was a simply lovely day!

I'm in Aldea del Cano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!