Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Friday 31 May 2013

Perpetual traveller

I recently discovered that a term 'Perpetual Travel' actually exists. Wikipedia gives a full explanation of the term.

I have always wanted to travel and just keep travelling, but I hadn't known there was ever a name for it.

So, if I've always wanted to do it, what keeps stopping me and sending me home?

Two things made me return from my last big trip (which was a year). One was that I felt that living this lifestyle wasn't appropriate. It's incredible how many people tell me that I should be at home working, living a normal life. Or contributing to society by having children (ah-hem, the world is already over populated!). So I tried it, even fell in love, but I got bored. (I didn't try having kids! - I've never felt that way inclined).

The second was that doing this lifestyle alone means that I rarely get to explore the things that I really want to. Like going to the national parks. Interestingly, unlike most people it doesn't bother me to visit things alone, it only bothers me that I can't go to them. (For reasons of safety or tours needing minimum numbers).

So, I have resolved to really try to meet another perpetual traveller to share this lifestyle with. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!