Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Friday 1 March 2013

Travels: Nasik

First stop out of Mumbai for me was Nasik (26 Jan). I got there on a real bone shaker of a bus. (Varsai Travels (Roshan travels)), all suspension died years ago.

Nasik is a pilgrimage place. Apparently the waters of the river are holy (they looked a little dirty to me) and lots of pilgrims go to wag themselves or the ashes of their loved ones to purity. It makes for some interesting people watching.

It is also a wine growing region. I didn't go out to any of the vineyards (not much fun to do alone anywhere, and I could imagine the disapproval of the Indian driver who I would have had to pay to get me there).

I did, however, go to a nice restaurant (the best I've been to in India) and have a nice glass of wine from "Sula" vineyard. I recommend it.
The restaurant was called Kyber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!