Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 21 March 2013

Travels: Mt Abu

I traveled to Mt Abu, Rajasthan's highest peak, with a Polish woman I had met in Udaipur. In the bus we met a German woman and we all teamed up. Ironically I left Mt Abu with the German, as the Polish girl wanted more time there.

The German and I went on a guided hike. I was happy to be hiking (finally), but the guide (a young man named Harsh) paid more attention to his phone screen than to us and for that I certainly let him know my disappointment. There was potential to see bears, but I felt our guide didn't even try.

Mt Abu is a honeymoon spot for Indians. It has a lake, sunset viewing, and was nice due to the lack of hassle.

It also is home to a major international religious movement which my Lonely Planet guide book made sound interesting, but we went to the ashram and its museum and I found it a bit strange. Later a local described it as being a cult. Another local said they hypnotize people.

Oh, and Mt Abu has a very nice coffee shop (like a western style shop), with Wifi, and nice owners... I just can't remember the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!