Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Friday 29 March 2013

Travels: Agra

From Jaipur to Agra I travelled with others in a private taxi because I wanted to stop at Chand Baori in the village of Abhaneri (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chand_Baori) and the others wanted to stop at
Fatehpur Sikri. Both were well worth the stop. (Although I did curse the removal of shoes in religious buildings here when I stood on a lit Beedi (a type of cheap local cigarette). I yelped too, it really hurt.)

Of course, the main reason for visiting Agra is to see and visit the Taj Mahal. It is every bit as beautiful as one can expect it to be. Absolutely splendid!
I enjoyed it immensely, although it was Holi holiday for Indians and inside was way too crowded for me to enjoy.

When my friends and I first arrived in Agra it was about 4pm. So we had to get checked into our hotels, and get to the Taj -fast! I had called ahead and booked my friend and I into a hotel with rooftop restaurant views of the Taj. The room was very basic, just $14 for the 2 of us, but we both were delighted when we got our first view of the Taj from our hotel room window! We hot footed it to the Taj with more than enough time to enjoy it.

The Taj Mahal was, for me, the absolute must see sight of India. It didn't disappoint me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!