Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Friday 22 March 2013

Fortune told

Indian is big on fortune telling. They say that with your exact date and time of birth your entire life story can be known. Charts are prepared and read and a marriage is arranged between two people suitably matched according to these things, and the wedding date chosen according to these fortunes too.

Fortune telling is not my thing. I certainly don't believe in our astrology readings and I roll my eyes everytime someone asks my star sign. Added, I've never been sure why someone would want to know their future.

I sat in while a friend once had her cards read and found that the information given was so generally applicable to everyone's life.... 'Something good will happen to you in 4 days, 4 weeks, or 4 months'. (Well, I should think everyone would find at least something to apply to that).

So it was with much amusement that I saw that the "famous" palm reader of the fort in Jodhpur had no client and was offering me a discount. 'Well why not!' I thought, 'I'm in India after all'. I sat down.

I provided my date, time and place of birth, and my palm.

I was told many things generally applicable or that one likes to hear:
'You are very independent' (could he have surmised this by the fact that I'm traveling alone, female, in India?)
'You are a hard worker'... 'But you tend not to finish things' (yep)
'You had your first love at 14' (what! No I didn't... But I'm sure I had a crush on some boy, doesn't every girl at that age?)
'You are generally happy, but sometimes you get very down on the world' (well India will do that to a person).

But! Most interesting is that he said I will find a person to spend the rest of my life with at 50 or 51! In the mean time I will fall in love at 37 (just a few months left then) and 40. Awesome! I will be generally free for the next 13-14 years! I'm happy about this.

I told an Indian man this (after his usual are you married do you have children questioning), he was astonished at my contentedness. He considered it and said "oh, with longer life expectancy in Australia I guess it's okay".

What else?
I will be prosperous in my 50's.
I have low blood pressure, but I will have high blood pressure later.
And when I return home I will get a job that I am really comfortable with.

So, there you have it. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!