Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 3 March 2013

Licence to drink

I'm never too concerned whether I do or don't get to have a drink. Mostly when I travel I don't drink at all, other than to taste a local speciality, whiskey, or wine. Even at home I don't drink much.

Currently I am in a dry state. Apparently tourists can get a licence to have a drink, within a month of arrival to India (which excludes me). And when I was in Mumbai and went out with local hosts I was allowed to drink but they had to buy a permit (Rs5, so about 10c).

Lucky for me I was allowed to, I got to try a a wine from the Nasik region just North of Mumbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!