Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 28 March 2013

Travels: Jaisalmer

I went to Jaisalmer to ride camels in the desert. For something about that see my post 'cursing the colour of my skin'.

I stayed the first 2 nights staying outside the fort, 2 on a camel safari, and 4 more staying inside the fort.

Jaisalmer is a wonderful town. Approaching it the fort rises above the town very impressively. This fort is perhaps the largest and biggest living fort in the world. By this am referring to the fact that people actually live in the fort. It has all these narrow cobbled streets and every building seemed to have a restaurant with a rooftop view. It's simply quite beautiful.

Some hotels are super basic and cheap, others would be like staying in a haveli museum. Within the fort there are private homes, hotels, restaurants, temples, a palace.

Yep, I really liked Jaisalmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!