Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 9 March 2013

Travels: Aurangabad, Ajanta & Ellora

From Nasik I continued on to Aurangabad. This town, for me, was simply a convenient resting place while I visited the nearby World Heritage Sites of Ajanta and Ellora.

Both are a series of caves and temples hand carved into the side of an escarpment for the point of worship of the Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain faiths. Both are well worth the visit and I did both of the day tours with Classic tours. For Ajanta we were lucky enough to score a guide as we had more than 10 people, but we weren't so lucky for Ellora.

Both sites are mind boggling. I couldn't help but wonder how many lives must have been lost whilst building these places of worship.

Not only were the tours handy for getting to these sites, but I got to meet lots of other travels, particularly solo, and trade some advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!