Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 6 December 2009

A tranquil Sunday in Valparaiso, Chile

Graffiti in public places in Valparaiso is allowed, it´s labeled Art.

A tranquil Sunday. First I went to the bus terminal to find out the options for buses to the North. Then I went to a flean market of Antiques. Now that was interesting! Similar, in a sense, to any such event in Australia, but differnt too. Mostly I was bemused by the different pace here; I went at 11.30 in the morning and people were still setting up. In Australia stalls would be packing up to go home at this hour.

Shoe makers moulds and old bottles in Valparaiso´s Antique market.

   After this I returned to the hostel and with Christina (Germany) and Thomas (Czech Republic) we went for Empañadas in something like a tavern, and then took a collective boat around the tavern.  I got into trouble for photographing the dutch war ships which were in the harbour. Oops!
Sea Lions in Valparaiso Harbour.


   Empañadas are everywhere here and cheap... I guess the Australian equivalent is the meat pie. Like pies, empañadas come with all sorts of fillings, but are made in the form of a turn-over, and can be baked or deep fried.

Notes:
Empañada $1.70 (one is ok for me, but a bloke might want 2)
Boat trip $3.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!