Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Santiago de Chile - finally!


(Pinch n a punch for the first of the month).
Well, I’m here now and the getting here took so long that I won’t be rushing to do it again. 22 hours of airports and airplanes. Arrgh.
The famous postcard face of Santiago, surrounded by Andean snowcapped peaks, has been a little hard to make out in the smog. 6.5 million people call this home and I most appreciated seeing the shanties on the drive from the airport.

Facts (because people will ask, and I will forget)… prices in USD.
Airport to Hotel: Transvip
Cost: $9
My Rating:  *****
Impression: Wow, the speed limits are more generous here than at home!


Accommodation: Residencial Londres
Cost:  $15
My Rating: ***
Impression: All other streets are straight and grid like. But Londres street is curved and so too the walls of the buildings on it! The residencia is old, very old, but cute in its charm. My room has no windows, but with jet lag that’s a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!