Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 6 December 2009

Dinner with new friends

I put a little note up on the notice board at the hostel saying I was going to a seafood restaurant of good recommendations and if anyone would like to join me they could meet me in the hostel reception area at 7pm. I had a total of 8 friends! This is so different to my backpacking experience years ago in Mexico, where nobody would join me for dinner. Dinner was nice, the service was especially nice!
   During the day I tood the super nice Metro train to Viña del Mar, a city with nicer facilities and beaches and gardens, and less dog poop than Valparaiso. It was a lovely day. I even visited a small museum with interesting exhibitions about Easter Island and Pre-Colombian pottery. And I was lucky enought to be there in time to see a traditional Easter Island dance.

Notes:
Metro Train, Valparaiso to Viña, return $1.70.
Dinner in a fancy restaurant with 2 glasses of wine (one good, one house) $24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!