Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Paragliding - My first and last time.

Sunday, 20 December, 2009.
Oh, the Paragliding was fantastic! But couldn't somebody have reminded me that I get motion sickness prior to the bus ride up the hill? Nobody even mentioned motion sickness prior to that. It was a tandem ride and I really thought I was going to throw up mid air and my handsome pilot, behind me, would have copped at least the stench, if not more depending on my ability with a bag mid air. At least when I grabbed for the bag he had the sense to calmly and promptly land us on the beach. And he, who just does paragliding as a weekend hobby but is clearly a paragliding addict, then suggested I take classes in Paragliding, because then, as pilot I'd be in control and probably wouldn't be sick. Ha.Ha.
   Iquique, way up on the Northern Coast of Santiago (I think 1,875kms North) is considered to be one of the top 10 Paragliding locations in the world. I'm sure there are technical reasons for this, but scenically it's truly fantastic as well. First you launch off the big hill behind the massive sand-dune that I already mentioned, the sand-dune that has so impressed me! Then you fly up and up and over the sand-dune, then over the city, to land on the beach. This usually takes 25-35 minutes, mine didn't linger as long.
   I am really glad I did it! I have no inflight photo's... looking at a camera would have made things worse.


Ready to Paraglide!
Other people paragliding.

Notes:
Paragliding, Tandem $70

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!