Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 27 December 2009

The Geysers, San Pedro de Atacama, Peru

24 December 2009
   The tour company was to pick me up at 4am, so this was to be a long day as I had another tour in the afternoon/ evening.... little did I know just how long of a day this would be! Add to this the fact that I don't believe I slept at all prior to my early start. This was because the majorly sunburnt heavy built German girl in the bunk above mine tossed and turned all night long with her discomfort and the bunk beds shook and rattled each time like a ship being tossed in a storm at sea. For this I blame the hostel for having such unsuitable beds, and between the 2 tours I moved.
   When the guide came to pick me up she told me to go back and get more clothes, it would be -3 up at the Geysers.
   Geyser Tatio, we were told by the guide, is the highest Geyser field in the world, but apparently it isn't at all. It does however have over 80 active geysers, and is the largest Geyser field in the southern hemisphere. (Wikipedia). It's always Spectacular to visit a Geyser field, and while watching the sunrise at 4321m you get really cold. I appreciate that she sent me back in.
   I also took a swim in the thermal waters, and then we visited a typical Andean Indigenious village.

A geyser firing off.

Bubbling up.

El Tatio Geyser field


The Thermal baths

A river through the desert... with Giant 'water-fowl ' type birds with bad attitudes
(apparentlly they have sex annually for 5 seconds)

A Machuca house, strangely like the miniture house I made from clay in high school art (which mum kept for years). My version didn't have a straw roof or solar panel or cross on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!