Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Pica, a desert oasis in Chile

   I guess that I was never really sure that oasis's really existed. I always thought more of them as mirages that would disappear on arrival. But out in the Atacama Desert, the driest in the world, there are indead oasises. (Is that the plural?).
   I was headed to Pica, a town with thermal springs for bathing in on Friday when a few people from the hostel volunteered to join me. I had kind of hoped to do Pica and Humberstone in one day (Humberstone (1hr) being on the road to Pica (2hrs)), but travelling with others meant that I wasn't completely in control. Of course, it's nicer to visit thermal springs with others, so it wasn't all bad.

Pica is known for growing fruits, especially the lime used in Pisco Sour.

The Thermal Baths at Pica, the water is warm and nice.

Notes: Bus to Pica $4. each way.
Entry to baths $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!