Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 5 December 2009

Art and Dog poop in Valparaiso, Chile

(Friday)

There’s dog poop everywhere in this town. Actually there are stray dogs everywhere too. Best not to get too carried away looking at scenery whilst walking!

Today is apparently a typical Valparaisian day. The city disappears into clouds at the top of the hills. But I kind of like it, it gives the colourfulness of the houses more reason.

It's an artful city. Even Graffiti is considered art.


I walked all morning in the hills of coloured houses and emerged at the seafront to see sealions basking, although not in the sun. I ended at the fishermans market, a little late in the day, it was mostly over, but I hadn’t known it was there so it was a pleasant surprise.

Notes:
Big Bus; Santiago to Valpariaso $6
Local Bus, within town, to near the hostel 60c.
Taxi to hostel (I took the bus (above), but asked about this) $8.
Accommodation: Casa Adventura $14 ***** , recommended in Lonely Planet, so I was lucky to turn up and get a room. Fantastic breakfasts, spacious Rooms.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!