Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 27 December 2009

Laguna Cejar, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Afternoon, 24 December 2009  
I had doubts about going to Laguna (Lake) Cejar, I'm about to cross the world largest Salt pans, and there will be more lakes, and I've been to Lake Ayer in Australia when it had water in it (happens about every 10 or so years), but this tour turned out to be a superbly fun tour.
   We had the same guide, from LaYana agency, that we'd had for the Geysers, she was brilliant.
   First we visited Laguna Cejar, a salty lake (more salty than the dead sea?) so you can easily float. I was first in... the latinos took more coaching. Next was 'Ojos de Solar' or Eyes of the salt pan, 2 water holes where the water comes from underground. You had to jump in, 3 metres down, then swim out. The guide said no-one got Pisco Sour unless they jumped in. I was first in. I thought I'd had to drink the bottle on my own, but one of the Brailians was a little put out that a woman went first and so he went next, and others followed. It was so cold it that water.... but at least it got the thick salt off.
   Next was Tebinquiche Lagoon, currrently dry and a big white expanse. It was a fun photo place.

No-one needs to mention how white my legs are compared to the Latinas.

Laguna Cejar.

Not a great photo, but I was first in. Ojos de Salar.

I'm like tinklerbell!

Drinking Pisco at sunset with the tour group.

 After such a long day, they all decided we should go out for a Christmas Dinner, at 11pm. And I was the only native English speaker... tired, hungry, and trying so hard to comprehend.

1 comment:

  1. Ok... you were the only native speaker.. but I was in the other corner to help and talk. lol.

    Do you believe that I didn't felt that cold the Ojos del Salar? It was quite refreshing.. the problem was the cold wind... brrrr

    See ya wallabie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!