Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 12 August 2012

Telegraph Cove and onto Port Hardy

We left Salt Spring Island after 2 nights, and headed North. We camped one night at Telegraph cove, a village famous for it's houses built above the water. They were cute, but nothing like what I had expected, and not as good as what I expected. I will however remember Telegraph Cove for the wonderful BBQ'd Salmon dinner we ate at the pub. The Salmon (was it King? I can't remember), was secretly marinated by some old man.



The next morning, as we left telegraph cove, we saw a black bear beside the road. My first wild Black bear!!! He was young and cute and looked cuddly. After that we stopped to look at a sawmill operation. I was impressed with how they still transport the logs by floating them down river... I had memories of cowboys in western movies traversing the floating logs as they escaped from something.

From there we got into Port Hardy to the backpackers hostel, and the headed to San Josef Bay to do a hike out to a beautiful beach.

(me) walking to San Josef bay

The look on my face is because the Canadian the water was okay... but it was freezing!

Shoe tree. Next to San Josef bay is a difficult hike to Cape Scott Lighthouse. I think it takes 5 days. If you do it you can leave your shoes on the tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!