Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 12 August 2012

Salt Spring Island camping at Ruckle

On Monday we headed off on our camping trip. First stop Ruckle Provincial Park on Salt Spring Island which is one of the Gulf islands near Victoria.

It's a lovely island, pleasant camping and hikes, and inhabitable by artistic types, which always makes for a pleasant place. At one point we went to a cafe where I comment that the music playing was that of Harry Manx (a Canadian folk musician who I have seen perform 3 times in Australia). I was delighted to discover he resides just up the road!

Sunrise at Ruckle, on Salt Spring Island. I wasn't the only person up, there were fisherman in the boat. 

They have seriously big slugs in Canada!

Camping at Ruckle, Lauren discovered that I am an early riser, and I was astonished at just how late the campers there (and everywhere else we went) rose in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!