Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 20 August 2012

The most beautiful hike!

Next camp spot was Seeley Lake Provincial Park, beside the highway. In this camp site we got to feed the mosquitos and listen to the trucks on the highway all night long. We were up early and went to Hazeltons to visit a First Nations museum... but neither of us seemed to get too excited about this one. Not that it wasn't good, but we'd probably had first nations overload at that point.


Moving on from there, we asked at the local visitor centre if there was any chance of seeing the First Nations people catching fish using (modernised) traditional methods. We were in luck! Although it was early in the season, the salmon were running and I was very excited to watch these people simply put a net on a rod into the water and pull out a big salmon... I bet it was heavy though. They are the only people allowed to catch fish this way. It would have been even better to see a bear do it... but I never did.

And then, even though I was so excited about that, the day got even better. Next we went to Smithers, a lovely town, where we had a most delicious lunch and then did the most beautiful hike I have ever done in my life. Beautiful because we walked through gentle slopes of wildflowers, with the most spectacular vistas. This was the hike to the Crater Lake on Hudson Bay Mountain.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!