Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 17 June 2013

Travels: Kuala Lumpur

My last stop of this trip, and really, I'm so 'over' sightseeing that I didn't do anything with a cost to it aside from seeking out a few highly recommended meals. 

To me KL is all about shopping (and eating), and since I don't like shopping it's never had a lot of appeal. But I took a look at the shops and markets anyway. 

I had already googled whether the shopping was better in Bangkok or KL and discovered that Bangkok is cheaper but KL better for brand names: both real and knock-offs. 

I've never understood people's want for branded stuff. I'm talking about all those top high-end fashion brands. 

To me it sends a message of stupidity and vanity to be buying either the fake or the real goods. I'd never want people to think I was crazy or vain enough to spend lots-of-money on an item marked Gucci, Louis Vuitton, or any other top name. Nor would I want them to think I was simply vain enough to spend less money on a knock off that wasn't what it says it is. 

I did manage to find (and buy) a Malaysian made and designed bag that wasn't pretending to be anything that it wasn't. 
Other than that I also bought some tea, as I know I'll enjoy its benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!