Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 8 June 2013

Norway: in some nutshells

To see some good portions of Norway without too much trouble (I'm limping again with the toe injury), I did 2 trips: Handangerfjord in a Nutshell and Norway in a Nutshell (this one as the one way Bergen to Oslo option). 

Norway seems to be spectacular no matter what you do while the sun shines and these trips are no exception. If I had to choose just one of them, Norway in a Nutshell  wins. 

The trips are basically pre-purchased tickets which allow you on a set itinerary of public transport, with some options to do more things along the way. Norway in a Nutshell encompasses train, a bus journey through 13 hairpin bends, a boat cruise through UNESCO listed fjord, the world famous Flam railway, and, if you get to do Mrydal to Oslo (as you do on the one way), you take a train through spectacular snow covered terrain and past icey lakes. 

It's not cheap, but for Norway these trips are pretty good value. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!