Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 7 August 2010

Peruvian Men still annoying me

Cuzco, Peru
27 July 2010 - 6 August 2010

   My guide book (Footprints South American Handbook) spoke of a restaurant in Cusco that has items on it's menu utilizing only ingredientes available during the Inca times. I wanted to go, so in my first few days in Cusco I went to the restaurant to view the menu, and the waiter 'came onto me' so strongly that I didn't enter.
   In Aguas Calientes, I became friends with a Brazilian backpacker, and on return to Cusco I convinced him to go to the restaurant with me. It was beautiful! The food lovely, and the service very special. And I loved the music! But being that we planned to go dancing afterwards and neither of us had bought our cameras, we needed to return the next day, during the day, for photos and because I wanted to buy their CD of music. 
   On return the next day we were treated to a special visit of a 'secret museum' they have upstairs. And while Marcelo (the Brazilian) was setting up his camera for a photo of us and 'the guide' (the same waiter), the guide couldn't help himself but to have his arm around me (for the photo) and be caressing my side. Arrgh! I never know what to do in these situations. I mean it seems harmless enough, a small annoyance, and I didn't want to ruin the experience by making things nasty.
   Later Marcelo asked me if I thought we should have tipped for the special visit... I told him I thought not. Money was not the guides motivating factor.

This is he. The special treat included him playing us the Inca instruments.

Doesn't look half as good in the photo.


Notes:
Inkanato Restaurant, Calle San Agustin 280, Cusco. Inca Food about $14 a plate. Great serving sizes, great decor, great atmosphere. But single girls, take a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!