Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 8 August 2010

The Must do sites of Peru

Cuszo, Aguas Calientes, and Machu Picchu
27 July 2010 - 6 August 2010

   The first time I came close to this part of the world, Machu Picchu was closed because of the flooding and landslides at the beginning of this year. I wasn't too sad, it was one of those sites I was going to do because everybody  says you must, and it being closed was letting me off the hook.
   Now I have been to this part of the world I can say yes, Cuzco is beautiful and Machu Picchu impressive. But we knew that, right?

In Cuzco, by night

Saqsayhuaman (say it like 'sexy woman', you'll be close). Just outside of Cusco, and very impressive.

Saqsayhuaman has Inca slippery-slides!

A view.

My favourite wow site for the week (well I had less expectations of this, for MP I had too many expectations). this is Moray. They believe it was used for agricultural experimentation. The dots are young people rehearsing for a festival.

Natural dyes of Alpaca Wool.

And, incase you don't recognise it, MachuPicchu!

Notes:
Accomodation Cusco: Incama hostel. loved it, great value hostel. friendly and clean! $11 for a dorm of 3 girls only (finaly girls only).
Accomodation Aguas Calientes: Angie S..... don't bother, what is offered is not delivered, We were quoted and shown a room with private bath, then switched to shared bath after we had paid and then they wanted us to pay to hire towels (not on my nellie!)
Dining Aguas Calientes: be sure to ask for exactly what you'll get and what it will cost in advance, otherwise they sneak things onto the bill. See a local tax on your bill? refuse to pay it!
Train: Backpacker Poroy (Cusco) to Aguas Calientes $48, Taxi to Poroy S/30 ($11). Vistadome (supposed better service) Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (half way) $53 (no better seats, food a bit better). Collectivo Ollantaytambo to Cuzso S/10 ($3.50)
Bus Aguas Calientes to MachuPicchu and back $14.
Entry to MachuPicchu, student price S/.63 ($23)
Entry to 16 sites in and around Cusco, 10 day ticket, student price S/.70 ($25).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!