Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia

The best place I visited in Philadelphia was, without a doubt, the Eastern State Penitentiary. It is America's most historic prison, famous for the method it used to incarcerate prisoners in complete solitary confinement and a breathtaking architectural design. Also famous for having held Al Capone. The prison isn't being repaired or restored (it closed in 1971), and this adds to the dramatic scene. I have linked the website below and I recommend you take a look.
Just one of the wings.

Notes:
Entry $12 Adults.
http://www.easternstate.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!