Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 23 August 2010

Love letters on the streets of Philadelphia.

Philadelphia, PA, USA
15-18 August 2010.

Public art project "A love letter for you".

Across 50 rooftops and walls along a train line of Philadelphia are these public love letters. I liked it a lot. At one stage, spread across 3 walls, I saw "we share defeats" "we share sheets" "we share receipts". The art could be on either side of the tracks and facing either direction, so it would take a lot of going back and forth to see it all, I probably saw about a quarter of them, but was completely happy with what I saw.

 Here are two of the works.

 This is in a building in Philadelphia which I forget the name of. As you looked up (as this figurine encouraged) you saw all these figures walking across beams all the way up.

Notes
Metro tickets in Philly are $2 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!