Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Living in Iquitos

   I have heard that the Biologists at the manatee project earn S/.600 per month, that's about $US210, and this is a typical salary. To us, it isn´t a lot.
   Last week coming back on a river boat from a community workshop I attended I bought about 300g of Fresh Cheese for S/.10 (about $US3.50). At first I thought that it wasn´t much of a contribution to the house where I am staying, but then I realised that it really was a reasonable treat to bring home. This cheese is a popular item to buy on this trip, but at this price, considering the salaries, it really must be considered a luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!