Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 10 July 2010

Half of 3 score and 10

   Well I made it! To 35 that is. And for those who didn´t already know, a score is 20, so 35 is half of 3 score and 10, the allotted span of men.
   I used to always think I would probably die sometime in my early 30's. It seems that it didn't happen, so I guess I'll probably live to a really ripe old age.
   I´m not disappointed, as I am completely content with my life, but the idea (of dying) never really worried me either. Travelling like this you get so many occasions on which you might get killed, but I am amazingly calm about the whole thing. I figure, as I travel on the back of a motorbike with bald tyres, a driver sending text messages and another girl behind me, that there is really very little I can do about it and Que sera sera (it means, what will be will be). And I think that one can be content to die if they know that they have been living the life they are happy with and have been doing good to others as well.
   I was nice that I had been here in Iquitos for almost a month prior to having my birthday, it meant that my work mates got me a birthday cake and my host family did too (so I have been eating a lot of cake). So, it wasn't a patch on last years celebration with all my friends back home, but it certainly was a treat.

Blowing out my candle, with my host mum Delicia proudly looking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!