Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 10 July 2010

Living in Iquitos, Amazon Jungle, Peru.

   The Jungle has lots of new fruit to try and the names are confusing because often they are just regional names, not really Spanish. The locals don´t eat much fruit, they eat mostly rice and meat, and the they mix fruits with water and suger to make a drink. I like to eat fruits though.

The locals call this a Caimito. Online I found it is called a Abiu, or Yellow Star Apple. The botanical name is Pouteria Caimito. It´s sweet, and I really like it but sometimes people don´t like it because it is sticky like glue on your lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!