Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 1 July 2010

Flirtations in Peru

   My typical conversation with a MotoTaxi driver goes something like this. Mostly it is in Spanish, sometimes English. My part is in italics.

Where are you from? Australia.
How many children do you have? I don´t have any children.
Oh, you´re single? Yes    (but thinking I should learn to lie)
Why? Because I want to travel and therefore need a man who wants to travel and can travel.
I want to travel, what is your phone number? I don´t have a phone.
Oh, then I will visit you, where are you staying? I´m sorry, but that's not a good question to ask.
But how will I see you again? Hmmm
Anyway, you need to be able to travel too. Hmmm
Are there many other Latinos in Australia? So, I guess you aren´t so interested in travelling. Oh look, we are here, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!