Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 20 October 2013

Robbed! But at least they didn't get the most important things

Sorry there's going to be a slight gap in my blog posts.... I had written some, but not uploaded them yet, and then my iPad got stolen, so I'm back to writing on my iPhone. (Yet, I'm actually quicker at it!)

Yep, we got robbed. Not actually our persons, but the car when we weren't with it. It happened while we were having lunch in Bariloche (Argentina). We returned to find the passenger door lock had been tampered with, my backpack had been emptied, and a few things taken. Later I received an email from someone saying they'd found my backpack (with some things left in it including a bunch of cards I made for giving out to people, which had my photo and email address). So, I got the backpack back: good, it's been my constant travel companion for quite a while now and is still in good condition. In my backpack I also got back my international vaccine certificate, which is also possibly important to my travels from Brazil. 

Okay, it's sad about what was lost, but we're grateful for what they didn't take ... Like the GPS thingy (though the iPad could be used for that), H's notebook computer (which was as easy to find as the pad was!), the passports. 

Anyway, since I last wrote we've caught trout, hiked waterfalls (Huilo Huilo), crossed the border back to Argentina, visited cute towns with too many chocolate shops (San Martin de Los Andes and Villa de la Angostura), taken a boat trip to see a beautiful Myrtle forest, stayed in the garden of more awesome couch surfing hosts, and caught up with other overlanders that H had met twice before. H also fixed a leek in the roof of the camper. 

As I write this we are headed across the Pampas to the marine life spotting hub of Pennisula Valdes, on the Argentine coast. 

A view of the lakes around Bariloche. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!