Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 10 October 2013

Chile welcomes us: Cheap skiing, but no snow shoes.

After we crossed the border into Chile we accidentally found ourselves at a ski centre. I had directed us into the reserve with an idea to hike a volcano, but when we got there we found that snow shoes (those things like tennis rackets put onto shoes) were needed to go up, but were told we could camp anywhere (yay!) and then we found the ski centre. The place was the Centro de MontaƱa Corralco, Reserva Nacional Malalcahuello-Nalcas.

H was delighted, he'd been wanting to ski. The price was cheap, they had an end of season deal where a day of lift pass, ski hire, and lunch was about $44. And they let us camp there for free, so we arrived late on the Friday, camped, H went skiing on Saturday then we free camped again. I didn't ski, I've done it a couple of times, but this location didn't make me feel I wanted too. Plus H and I are together mostly 24/7, so it was good to be apart for a bit. 

Here's where H went skiing in Chile. 

Oh, and here's the single lane tunnel of some 4.528kms that we had to go through just after entering Chile... Those who know me well feel for me now, I get a bit anxious in tunnels, and this was particularly horrible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!