Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 7 October 2013

Bush camping: the serendipity of it!

H and I both prefer the bush camps. This means that we drive until we find someplace nice, and then we pull off the road. Hopefully it's somewhere that won't have vehicles passing all night. Usually we choose it for a nice view. We sit outside while the sun is still warm, and then head inside. If it's warm enough we eat outside too. 
When we are in bed we can star-gaze (I even have an iPad app 'Star Walk'), and see the view from the windows when the sun comes up.

H says he's delighted that the time he couldn't get the vehicle started in the middle of nowhere I simply didn't panic. But why stress when I had nice surroundings?

On a stop in Argentina, we camped beside a river. On arrival I said 'let's go for a walk', and so we did. We were quite surprised to find scores of coloured parrots nesting in the clay walls of the river. Sometimes you get more than a view. 


The parrots discovered nesting in the river bank, near Chos Mahal on the Solado River. 

The Solado River in the morning, from bed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!