Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Travels: Bangalore

I had 4 nights in Bangalore. I paid for a fifth night too, but left Louise there on her own and hopped on a night bus to Goa.

We had extra time in Bangalore because Louise was looking for some family history in church records. I think we visited 5 churches, but we only managed to exhaust ourselves. The sought after information was never found.

Bangalore will hold a fond place in my heart, if only for "The Only Place" - a steak restaurant that, although it wasn't the most wonderful steak ever, was good and was needed.

I will also remember Louise playing the part of little old bat when she abused a motorcyclist for riding on the footpath. (he had the audacity to come up behind me and toot for me to move aside, I squawked in alarm and little Louise stepped in front of his bike, dared him to run her over and told him to get back on the road. Other pedestrians and motorists (on the road) backed her up, I stood an watched). Just a day earlier a scooter rider had almost run me other while I was in a bus stand.

Sights? I enjoyed the Bangalore Rounds tour (although it didn't have the ecstasy promised - see blog Promises, Promises). The botanical gardens are nice. And I really liked the visit to ISKON (the Hare Krisna temple).

Notes:
Accom: Hotel Adora. Twin Rs780. Near Majestic bus stand.
Bangalore Rounds. Rs250. From bus stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!