Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 17 February 2013

Photos: Goa Carnival

The Carnival in Panjim had everything to make a great carnival... aside from the Indian audience looking bored and unappreciating.

Some displays were big and colourful.
 
Some displays seemed politically incorrect.

This little display is just the girl and her dad. Her shirt says "Stop Child Labour".

An anti-smoking float "Journey to Death"

In other parts of the world the girls are barely dressed in carnival, but in India it's the men who bare their bum (showing a traditional work method).

And finally, it seemed that some ladies were dressed more carnival like (in cheer leader type clothes), but they had full beige body suits on under the sexy cloths, and were also protected behind a screen. Only in India...!

Many displays were for public improvement.

I spent a couple of hours watching the parade, then I wondered where the other foreigners were. I found them at the pub, covered in coloured powders. I left them to it and went and found the dancing.

I found the dancing. Mostly male. Some of them were annoying, 
but security made sure I knew they were there to help me if I needed help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!