Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 16 February 2013

A love story, or not

I've just spent a week in Goa. I had a wonderful time in the capital Paniji (Panjim), and on Agonda Beach.

At Agonda beach I saw many young Indian men with foreign women; both young and older. I even had a Kashmiri 9 years my junior insisting I should drink chai and take long walks on the beach with him. It reminded me of the history of an old friend. I'll tell you this story. Names are changed.

Jill was in her early 30's and travelling around the world when she went to Goa. There she met a fit young man from Nepal who was residing in Goa. They started a relationship (or holiday fling). When she left she vowed to return. She was in love.

When she told me about it I was skeptical about his intentions, although I hadn't met him. She said he could get a visa to the UK without her assistance and so she thought his intentions were fine.

She returned to Goa. They decided they would be together, in her home, in the UK. But, it turned out that getting him a visa wasn't easy. They had to get married, show lots of proof of the relationship, and wait considerable time for the application to be approved. Jill was happy to do this, she was in love.

After 2 years he was entitled to citizenship (or was it residency?, but it was enough), and he recieved this. Almost immediately after this he told Jill that he didn't want to live in the UK anymore, that he wasn't happy. She reluctantly signed the paperwork for the divorce, as they agreed that it would be even more difficult for her to live in Nepal. He returned to Nepal.

Then, a few months latter he returned to the same suburb of London to live with his new Nepalese bride.

The End.

Sad huh? Of course many will say better to have loved and lost but it keeps me being extra skeptical.

Sorry Mr Kashmiri, not a chance with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!