Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 19 January 2013

Tamil Nadu photos

First evening in Pondicherry we went to a temple for blessing, 
both inside the temple and outside by the temple elephant.

This is the special rice, sugar, milk mix made for the Pongal festival, 
it boiling over means good fortune. 

Cows are decorated for Pongal festival, 
and they go wherever they please, including the beach. (Mamallapuram).

 We went to the Vedantangal Bird Santuary, arriving at sunrise. 
It sees about 30,000-40,000 birds nest there at this time of year.

 The bird sanctuary was good, but when I turned my back 
to it I became much more interested in the rice farming.

 You can see 3 Adults and a baby (in arms of woman) on this motorbike. There is a boy in front of the men too. Women wearing a sari on bikes tend to sit side saddle.

And finally... the smallest ferris wheel I've ever seen. You could hold a childs hand while you stood on the ground. Behind me is an equally tiny merry-go-round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!