Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 12 January 2013

First days in Tamil Nadu: Pictures

In Tamil Nadu I started my travel adventure with Louise.


Madurai (city) is home to Hindu Temple Sri Meenaksh. It's a massive complex and very impressive. Most entertaining in that it has 4 gates (North, South, East West) and we entered via the West gate. Upon entering Hindu Temples you are required to leave your shoes. Unbeknow to us we exited on the East Gate, and tried to get our shoes back and were told to keep going around, and the South Gate we were also told to keep going. When we finally got our shoes back, at the West gate we decided to walk around to the South gate just to see it too.
Some temple detail.
 
In the city of Trichy (it has a longer name I won't bother with) there is a Rock Fort with impressive views. Check out the size of the Caucery River, must be impressive when it fills.

Being a sacred cow in India.... I think I'd rather be not so sacred on the nice farm.
 
The Rock Fort also encompasses more Hindu shrines. Check the flowers on the feet.

 
In Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Trichy.

 World Heritage listed Brihadishwara Temple in Tanjore is really lovely and quite different.

Still in Brihadishwara Temple: After queues of people lines up to have their photo taken with Louise and I, I decided it was my turn... the pilgrims were very willing to have their group photo with me. I kind of stand out... don't you think? I'll write a blog about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!