Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 20 January 2013

Mamallapuram, Mahabalipurum, Mal, Backpackerstan

See the names for this place. Most Indian places have 2 names: one for pre the independence from Britain, and one for post. I usually choose the easiest. In the case of this one Lonely Planet India says that people call this 'Mal' (although I haven't heard it yet) and that its a Backpackerstan too (town of backpackers).

We like it here, so we are about to have our 4th night here. The room is costing us just $5.50 per night, and the bed is the softest I've experienced in India so far , and the town quietest.... So I'm sleeping better. There is also less rubbish in the streets (us backpackers know about disposing of rubbish thoughtfully). Also, as a Backpackerstan there are options other than spicy curry for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (Ironically I'm coping with the constant curry better than Louise).

It's also a good town for sightseeing. There are quiet a few significant sights in and around town and the Indian Dance Festival happens to be on nightly for a month so we go to that each night. We also visited a bird sanctuary and a crocodile park. And today.... I might try an Indian head massage.

Hotel: Vinodharma, twin rm R600.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!