Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 5 May 2014

Total confusion in my head : Spanish and Portuguese

I finished my 4 days (12 hours) of private classes in Portuguese at the Sun 7 school of Barra da Lagoa, Florianapolis. So how was it?

Well I'm still really glad I took the lessons,  the school was great and I really liked my teacher. I am better at Portuguese now, but I have a long way to go. 

For me, I'm not sure if its a blessing or a curse that Spanish and Portuguese are so similar, but also so different. Sometimes it just creates extra confusion. 

And, at the end of every day there was a friendly argentine at the campground who we chatted to in Spanish for a few hours and so after spending time trying to switch out of Spanish, I'd put it all back in. Argh!

So, now I have a lot more work to do. And I sit in the passenger seat beside a notebook to write any words I want to look up later (I'm not good at reading while in motion, maps are enough) and a hand full of flash cards to work through for the day. 

As I write this, we are back in Argentina, finishing that last little arm that extends up alongside of Brazil and takes you through the ruins of the Jesuits Mission and to Iguazu Falls. So, it's back to speaking Spanish, and I've put the Portuguese notes aside until next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!