Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Iguacu Falls: Brazilian side

After 2 days on the Argentine side we then re entered Braxil to visit their side of the falls.  Everybody asks : Which is better? Honestly,  both sides are absolutely brilliant and everybody should do both.

The Argentine side is great for feeling more that you are in nature, and you get close and wet from many different vantage points,  but on the Brazilian side you get bigger sweeping views of the falls,  and a real impression of just how big they are. You also get wet on the Brazilian side. (On both sides getting wet is optional,  we took that option everywhere we could! )

We also splurged and took the helicopter over the falls,  which,  although it was expensive,  was well worth the money.  From above you get a even better idea of the scale of things.

Oh, and a note,  as an Australian I technically need a visa to enter Brazil (and I have one), but at immigration they asked if I was just going for the day (which I wasn't) so it seems that if I had wanted to enter for just the day,  without a visa,  it wouldn't have been a problem. And, getting a visa at Puerto Iguazu,  or Chuy (as I did), is easier and less expensive than many other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!