Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Friday 9 May 2014

Roadside Eats in Southern Brazil

We had been seeing what we thought was something like the Asian Jack Fruit  being sold from roadside stalls,  so we thought we'd stop and try them,  but it turned out to be Pinhao.

Pinhao  is a type of pinenut, kind of like the Australian Bunya Nut. It takes about an hour of boiling to cook them,  which is too long for our campstove cooking (we could,  but don't want to). So we tried a few that the man already had cooking and found them quite tasty.

We bought, from the man, a delicious salami, and I got a tub of yummy pork crackle... I probably should start being more careful about what I eat since I hate clothes shopping and everything is getting tighter,  but hey!, I'm in Brazil,  and the Brazialian women dress in super tight clothes,  so I'm just dressing like a local!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!