Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 22 February 2014

Photo Upload: Glaciar Perito Mereno

We were amongst the first to arrive at the Glaciar Perito Mereno, this has the advantage of being able to park in the top carpark, which is a shorter walk to the best viewpoints.
We spent hours watching the chunks of ice crash from the Glaciar, then we made lunch in the car and went back to watch some more. (In the pics you can see a littke bird trying to steel my lunch from me).
Watching the glaciar was fun. Glaciars are noisy: they crack and thunder all day as the ice moves and pieces fall. All day long H said a certain large piece was going to fall, I reckoned that people had probably been saying that for months. But at about 4pm H was proven right when a 'finger' about the size of a bus, fell from the front corner of ghe glaciar. It's purely for our memories though, we'd given up having the camera ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!