Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Friday 19 April 2013

Travels: Manali

Traveling with my new companion (Jon) I spent 3 nights in Old Manali. I would have stayed longer and done some multi day trekking but it was still a bit too early in the season. The only trekking available and seeming worth doing was a single day trek to Solang Valley, which we did in the middle day.

The hike was lovely, but the final destination had been made a bit of a mess by overuse and undercare by Indian tourists: there were lots of Indian tourists, food stalls, paragliding, a cable car, zorbing, and pony rides. I did the cable car up to the snow which was fun for me as I rarely see snow.

The final day in Manali I booked a flight to Madrid.

Accommodation: family room at Dream River, old Manali. Rs600 (2 rooms, 2?beds, good location & view).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!