Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 22 April 2013

They put chilli sauce on my cornflakes!

India is all about spicy food. Eat cheaply and with the locals and you'll be having curry or something spicy for every meal of the day, even breakfast.

I coped well. I even found myself quite ready for curry in the morning. I had to be - I once saw boiled eggs on a menu and so returned there for breakfast the next day, only to be told that boiled eggs weren't served for breakfast. Neither was omelet, but the omelets off the tourist trail were super spicy anyway. (And get them from a pure veg restaurant and there'll be no egg in them too).

Last week I realized I was craving cornflakes. This craving went on for a few days until I saw cornflakes in a street food vendors selection of items.

'Cornflakes?' I said.
He nodded '30 rupees'.
I knew it was going to mixed with other stuff, but figured it might satisfy my urge. He added the cornflakes, puffed rice, and fried lentils to a disposable bowl and mixed them. Good, I thought.
Then he added chilli sauce.

Actually the whole thing was very nice, but I realized I wanted cornflakes with cold milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!