Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Meeting Mr Right

For quite some time now I've had my blinkers on. By this I mean that I have refused to entertain even the slightest thought of having any relationship with any guy who wasn't a traveller. And I mean a real traveller, not some vacationer, but someone whose major occupation in life is travel.
I added it to my existing list: non smoking, not a heavy drinker, good work ethic (hey I might travel a lot but I couldn't afford to if I didn't have a good work ethnic), not a free loader, and a suitable age.

I had decided that I could give up my other preference of dark skin and exotic looks if the guy had these other qualities: after all travellers are hard enough to find and they do seem to be mostly white.

Finally I met a guy who fits these qualities! ... But I'm not attracted to him.

It's not that he's not good looking, I identified this guy as handsome the moment I first saw him. He has stunning eyes.

It's not that he's not good company. I've immensely enjoyed my time with him even though he's been sick all of this time.

We've just parted after almost 2 weeks of getting along wonderfully. Theres been great conversations about so much stuff, agreed on lots of things, and become good friends, but nothing more.

So why?
Is it that he's been sick this past 2 weeks?
That he's over a foot taller than me?
That he's not exotic enough?
Could I just never fall for anyone whilst in India as the place stifles affection?

I wonder if it's the same for him... Because he's sick? Because I'm too short? Because I'm not exotic enough ...? Because India stifles affection?

Oh well, we've parted company to go separate ways now, but I'm sure we'll cross paths again one day if we both want too.

1 comment:

  1. You are over 21 Ali... you should have grabbed the opportunity. firmly.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!